Saturday, September 3, 2011

Friday night creativity

Last night, while on my crafting kick, I taught myself how to solder! 
I had created a few small collages with the intention of putting them under glass. Never mind the fact that I didn't know how to solder!! I'd seen my mom do it a few times, and had inherited all of her old supplies, so I was pretty confident I could figure it out.
Along with the supplies, mom had handed down to me the book Pretty Little Things, which includes directions for low-temp soldering. After reading over the instructions and practicing on a few smaller pieces I was ready to begin on the edges of my collage.
At the end I affixed a small jump ring to the top so I can hang this little guy on a wall or shelf. That step took some time, and was the hardest part of the whole experience. Not too bad!


I plan on improving my skills in the near future, but I'm pretty pleased with my first low-temp soldering job :)

4 comments:

Kathy Barrick said...

It's GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! wow!!!!!

annie said...

this is an AMAZING first attempt. you are so very skilled!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I really want to learn to solder, but I have this fear of burning the house down. Low temp soldering shouldn't be a problem though. I am inspired to give it a try.

Debbie said...

I LOVE this!!!!


Instagram