Thursday, September 29, 2011

To market to market...

I thought I'd share a few photos from my latest antiquing trip. Although there were no "major" purchases, I sure did find some great little treasures.  I love everything I found, including the prices I paid. I'll be holding onto most of the items, but a few might make an appearance in my shop!
These bottles were actually my last purchase of the day, but one of my favorite. I'm a sucker for green or blue glass bottles, especially when there are imperfections or bubbles in them. These bottles have both, and I snatched both of them up for only $3.50 each. What I love most about them are the rounded bottoms. I've never seen anything like it, but couldn't resist. At that price, why would I?!?!?!
I've been seeing wicker wrapped bottles popping up a lot lately in blogs and magazines.  They always catch my eye and I think they look tres francaise, non? 
Believe it or not, I actually debated over the $15 price tag on this beauty.  Why? I have no idea.
It was my first purchase of the day, and it only took me about 10 minutes post-purchase to realize that $15 was actually an amazing deal! I couldn't find another one for under $30. The first purchase is always the hardest for me, but this was a great start!
Oh, how I love old wood wall paper print blocks.  (it's on my to-do list to photograph and share with you my collection).  This one has a particularly gorgeous pattern carved into the surface and is in great condition. 
 Although it's hard to tell in a photo, this block measures approximatly 8 inches long. Such a treasure! At only $15, its a steel too- most print blocks start at $30. 
Behold one of the most beautiful pieces of ephemera I've ever owned! This tiny little water color seal is a beautiful example of early folk art. 
This baby is being framed asap. 
This charming little cardboard box is embellished with fabric edges and great victorian elements. Too cute to pass up!

More ephemera for me to love!
Beautiful notebooks filled with sheet music. 


Sweet little beaded flowers also came home with me, as they often do!

Thanks for checking out all of my latest finds, I hope you've enjoyed the recap :)

0 comments:


Instagram