Monday, September 12, 2011

A French Love Story


Here are the photos of my completed project! I was very careful when choosing each of the elements in this collage, and created a romantic story to go along with it as I worked...
Meet Mademoiselle Dupris. She is having a love affair with the hat maker in her small French town. Can't you see how she blushes when she thinks about him. 
Here are some of the beautiful old velvet hat flowers she collected while at his shop last week. 
And look, this is the key that the hat maker slipped Mademoiselle which unlocks the key to his cottage in the country! Tres Romantique!
 Giddy anticipation Mademoiselle Dupris has started writing love letters to her beau. 
But before she could write these eloquent letters she went to five classes in Paris to learn the fine art of writing!
And now beautiful blue birds carry their love letters back and forth everyday...


Oh so romantic, don't you think? 


This little piece was such a pleasure to make, and its small size (4 x 3 inches) only makes it more charming. The handwritten letter is actually an original love letter from france, as is the small ad.  I've also included vintage french velvet flowers, mixed with german metal leaves which add a bit of dimension to the piece.  I didn't realize until after I'd completed the piece that I have no way to hang this little collage, so for now, it's propped up on the shelf.  But I'm sure I wont make that mistake again!


We're off to the beach tomorrow for a mini vacation. I can't wait to smell the salt air and feel the sand between my toes! 

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Liz,
I love your completed project!!! You can tell you put your heart into it and I love the little story you told with it! Awesome!

Kathy Barrick said...

Wonderful!!!!


Instagram