Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Garden Girl

Unexplainably, I've become obsessed with gardening this year.
Particularly, the growing of fruits and vegetables. Flowers are lovely, but there is something so very appealing about growing our own food. I can't wait to feel what I'm sure will be a deep satisfaction of eating something I've grown with love and attention. I truly can not wait.


Since we are renting our townhouse I'm somewhat limited to what I can grow because things have to be potted. I'm trying to decide if the trouble of putting up a small fence around our backyard and tilling up our small patch of land is worth the money, since we may not stay longer than another year.  I think we're gonna go for it- especially because I can't get visions of carrots, green pepper, and tomato out of my mind. Mmm...


Currently I'm growing snap peas, strawberries, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, and a variety of herbs. Everything is looking good so far, and my fingers are crossed that my large pots provide enough room for growth. 


I'm curious, have you ever had much luck growing fruits and veggies in containers?

2 comments:

Cottage and Broome said...

I have too many deer for fruit and veggies. So I concentrate on flowers but I did grow herbs, basil, thyme and oregano. Good luck! Laura

Melissa said...

If you don't want to go through the trouble of digging up your backyard, you could buy one of those cheap plastic kiddie pools and grow them in there. I've done this in the past and it works great!


Instagram