Sunday, February 5, 2012

Patina Style

I hope you guys are ready for another book recommendation, because I have great one for you tonight! 


Patina Style
by Brooke Giannetti & Steve Giannetti
I had seen and read about this book around the blogosphere and was really looking forward to getting a peek inside before committing to buy online.  Brooke, the co-author is the creator of Velvet and Linen, a beautiful blog I read regularly so I knew it had to be good. When I finally found a copy in Barnes and Noble I quickly snatched it up to investigate, and once I had gotten a glimpse of the contents there was no way I was putting it down!!
I've now had my copy of this book for a few weeks, and I've looked though it several times finding new inspiration every single time.
Brooke and Steve share photos of their own home, as well as information about where they have found many of their treasures.  They have impecable, comfortable, and calming sense of style which is focused mainly on antique pieces of furniture and accessories.  

Not only are the photographs beautiful, but the text is wonderful too. I especially love they way they identify why we are drawn to antique items with a history, and how they touch on the topic of collections. 
I've already been inspired to add larger architectural pieces to our home (more on that later this week!), add more textures to our decor, and use old books in new ways. 


This book will be a valuable addition to your design inspiration arsenal and you can find your own signed copy of Patina Style here, where you will also receive free domestic shipping.  And be sure to stop by the Velvet and Linen blog too!


P.S.- don't forget to enter the Blogiversary give-away! 

1 comments:

Velvet and Linen said...

Happy Blogiversary! Wishing you many happy blogging years to come.

Thank you so much for sharing our book with your readers.
We're honored to know that you have found inspiration in Patina Style :)

xo
Brooke


Instagram