Friday, July 15, 2011

Love: LOVE oil and vinegar

During my visit home Mare and I headed into the town of Frederick to wonder around the shops, have lunch, and enjoy the day. We stopped at the winery, a local bakery, a chocolate shop,  and many small boutiques.  Downtown Frederick is a really growing, and it's full of personality, history and charm. I would move back in a heartbeat- although real estate has gone through the roof! 


One of the stops Mare insisted we make was the Lebherz Oil and Vinegar Emporium (L.O.V.E. for short- how sweet!!).  She explained that in this shop you could not only buy a variety of infused olive oils and vinegars, you could sample them as well.  Needless to say, I was more than happy to see this shop for myself. 
 As soon as I walked in the door I was in love with the design and lay out of the shop. Two full rooms of over 50 beautiful steel carafes, each holding the most delicious, intoxicating oils and vinegars you can imagine.  I love the repetition of the mini barrels, the lime green walls which contrasted the wood tabels beautifully. 
Each caraf was labeled with the name of the oil/vinegar and a brief description of it's ingredients.  There were more flavors then you could imagine; fruits, herb, spices...   
You are free to try as many products as you'd like using the fresh bread they provide for dipping.  HEAVEN! My mind swirled with the different dishes I could create with each one; dressings, marinades, sauces....
I somehow managed to settle on three products: Tuscan Herb Olive Oil, Oregano white vinegar, and Fresh Peach white vinegar.  The shop girls bottle your selections while you wait, which conveniently gives you more time to sample:) That is how I've decided my next additions will be Chipotle Olive oil and also some Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar:)
Although some of the flavors sounded peculiar, I've found the L.O.V.E. website to be very helpful with paring suggestions as well as recipes.  Now the peculiar flavors just sound intriguing :) There is a complete list of all the products they offer- good luck choosing- personally, I'd like one of each! 


The shop girls, and owner; Maggie were all super friendly, and I was thrilled to see that so many people had discovered the local shop! I hope that if you're ever in the Frederick area you will stop in- you won't be disappointed. Not only is the product to die for, but the experience itself is fabulous!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I'll bet it smells amazing there!

Marlene said...

Wow! What a unique place! I will definitely put that on my list of places to visit when I'm in that part of the country.


Instagram