Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Beautiful Gift


While I was home over the weekend I was scoping out my mom's new studio. She has it jam packed with amazing treasures, and I love to poke around and see what I can find. Among her French Sentiments jewelry treasures I found this old compact case that we picked up in Paris. Its sterling silver, and the lid has been embossed with mistletoe, a motif that is found in tons of French jewelry, and can actually be seen growing in the trees outside of Paris. Since I loved the compact so much, my mom turned it into a beautiful necklace for me on the spot. The main focal point is the mistletoe compact which dangles from and old mother of pearl rosary chain. Every time I look at it I'm reminded of our amazing trip, thanks mom- it's perfect!
While I was at home, we also hit up a few antique stores. As always, I had quite a haul and I thought I'd post some of the goodies I picked up.

1 comments:

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

That's a beautiful compact, very sweet of your mom!


Instagram