Sunday, November 11, 2007

Whirlwind Weekend

So what is a decor-loving, Paris-obsessed shopaholic supposed to do when she sees pictures like these from a store called The Blissful in Canton Ohio???...



The logical, responsible, and reasonable answer is to look longingly at the photos and wait until the store begins selling online in January (yes, mark your calenders now!). Yes, that would be the smart thing to do...

But its not what I did. Instead, I got my mom excited about the store too, and convinced her that we needed to take a spur-of-the-moment road trip five and a half hours away to do a little Christmas shopping. I love my mom...she's the only person I know as crazy as me! We had the best time, and I cant begin to tell you how wonderful The Blissful was!


I had been in touch with the owner, Abby Kerr before we arrived on Saturday morning, and she couldn't have been more helpful or friendly! When we got there, we found The Blissful had been transformed for their French-Inspired Noel Celebration, and was filled to the brim with the most gorgeous items I could ever imagine for the holiday season. Every nook and cranny had wonderful items for my mom and I to pour over, and we had to walk around several times just to make sure we saw everything. I LOVE shops like that. I highly recommend that anyone who is even remotely close to Canton Ohio makes the trip as soon as possible! (and by close, i do mean within a six hour drive ; ) ) A visit to The Blissful is a truly great way to get into the holiday spirit!
PS- The Blissful has a blog too!





1 comments:

Whitney J. Marsden said...

Hi Liz, are you ready for Phase II of the Whirlwind Weekend? There's a store I've been trying to get my mom to! It's an antique store in Leesburg, VA that is so cute and wonderful. You'll both love it... www.luckettstore.com

I love watching the progression of your work, by the way. You're doing a great job!


Instagram