Friday, August 16, 2013

Catching up and I'm off!

Just popping in to say hi and catch up quickly! We'll call it a non-sunday coffee date :)

I've just finished packing my bags for a work trip to NYC. I leave tomorrow very early and I'll be in the big apple all week. These trips to NYC are fairly routine for me now as I go twice a year for the same market show. What makes the summer trips better than winter time is that it's still light out when we leave the convention center at 7pm. It helps me get my second wind and ups the chance that I'll see something other than the Javits Center, my hotel room, and take out restaurants. We'll see, but no promises!

I've been wedding crafting as much as possible and having a great time doing it! I plan on doing a video tutorial of my latest project and you can look for that next weekend.  I've been inspired to do a vlog post since I started watch my youtube video gurus, and now is a great time since I've been DIYing so much for the wedding. Hopefully people want to see it!

Speaking of wedding, we got our first shower gift in the mail yesterday. EXCITING!! Now I get to use some of these beautiful "thank you" notes I've been stashing away! Speaking of wedding gifts, I had a girls night last week with Sue and she prepared both a cheese and chocolate fondue for us. Oh. My. Gosh. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. It's such a fun idea and so delicious! I promptly added a fondue set to our registry. :)

My mom is moving into her new house while I'm gone and I can't wait to see it! I feel horrible that I wont be home to help her move but I am looking forward to the "unveiling" next weekend. I know she will do a fabulous job decorating and her excitement is contagious and so well deserved!

Joe and I have also come up with some moving plans of our own. We have decided that we'll start looking at places for a mid-November/December 1st move in. Yes, it is a mere week away from our wedding date, and yes, things will already be "stressful enough", but it's time. It does mean sacrificing some things we have been really enjoying since living with the inlaws, but that gets outweighed by the happiness of living independently.  I know I'd like to start my married life off on the right, independent foot, and thats ultimately how we arrived at that decision.

I hope you all have a great weekend, and check me out on instagram to see photos from my trip!


0 comments:


Instagram