Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Create: Thank You tags


I was in serious need of a "thank you" card to enclose with all of my shop sales.  I wanted it to reflect my vintage style, leave a lasting impression, and be a sincere "thank you" to all of my customers. I know there are many vintage shops out there, and I'm so thankful for all of your patronage. 
 I could have gone with business card route, but wanted something more creative. I started with the blank sheets from the back of this fabulous, HUGE ledger book. I'd never seen a ledger book with these measurements before my mom gifted it to me for Christmas. I love the 14 x 14 inch sized sheets- they are perfect for crafting, not to mention the beautiful penmanship that is found in the first half of the book. 


 The first step was to cut beautiful, ornament sheets form the lined paper. 
Next I used my Gocco printer to burn a screen and start printing the text onto the cards. (A gocco printer is a Japanese screen printing machine that became very popular in the US over the last couple years. It's small size makes it ideal for home crafters and the screen is about the size of a photograph.  The company who makes the Gocco machine recently stopped production of the machine and ink leaving lots of sad crafters.)

Once the machine is set up you are able to print hundreds of products in one sitting. 

After the tags were dry, I punched a hole in the top and tied them to the packages that were ready to send out using brown ribbon. 


0 comments:


Instagram