Friday, April 17, 2009

Gemstones


If you ever read my listing on etsy, you'll see that there are several times i use the phrase "semi-precious light green stone"(or blue, or purple, whatever). And its not because im trying to be sneaky, or not tell you the name of the stone, its simply because i have NO IDEA what the stone is. I go to huge gem shows to pick out my stones, and then come home with no clue what they are. Some are obvious, others not so much. So in an effort to remedy that, when i got to my next show in a few weeks i plan on asking what each and every stone i buy is called, and make a point to write it down. And for those stones in my stash that remain a mystery, i just ordered the book shown here. Cant wait to get it in the mail!


1 comments:

Katie Do said...

I always write down the names of my stones...It takes forever, but it seems the first thing people ask is "what kind of stone is that?"


Instagram