Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31

This is it friends, we've made it to the end of the month. I'm so sad to see it end, and I have truly enjoyed getting to "know" so many of you.
I thought it was best that we go out with a bang, so I'm adding two items today!

First, I've selected this wonderful old "Medial Writing" book.  What's not to love about this book!! Everything from the yellowed pages, the child's penmanship, to the words they are learning to write in cursive are fabulous!
Next, I have a real treasure for you-  this is a handwritten love letter from a French soldier.
Now you are officially looking at the entire treasure trove. I can't wait to get all of these goodies off to their new owner. I'll be announcing the winner tomorrow but  for now I have TONS of tally-ing to do!



17 comments:

Avi said...

that writing book! oooh it reminds me so much of my elementary days, learning to do cursive!

Kathy Barrick said...

A French love letter!!! Ohhhh-la-la

Lauren said...

Was that MY cursive writing book? Sure brings back memories. And a French love letter! What a great way to end a fun contest.

Melissa said...

Can't wait to find out who the winner is!! Hope it's me.... :)

Debbie said...

How fantastically romantic! A love letter in French, ma petite fleur! I just love it! And the sweet cursive writing book. Does that bring back memories!!!

Laurie said...

They are both wonderful, but of course the best of all is the French love letter! Swoon! Thanks again for such an amazing giveaway! I hate to see it end!

Carmen Sutton said...

What a fantastic end! Do they even teach cursive in school any more?? It is such a lovely art to write well. One lucky French lady received a lovely penned letter!
Good luck to everyone in winning Liz's inheritance and Thanks so much Liz for making October such a fun month!

Angela said...

This is the best TREAT anyone could receive!! I'm crossing my fingers!

Frances said...

This has been a wonderful experience and you have assembled a collection of fabulous items. The cursive writing book is so sweet and I absolutely love the French love letter! This is just great! Thank you for a fun experience and I hope I'm the winner!! (But I know all of your entrants would be equally thrilled to get these items!)
Thanks again!

Unknown said...

What a delightful journey this has been! Each treasure so special:) Though I would love to win...I do wish everyone good luck:) Thanks so much Liz for your generosity!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful little book, and the letter is priceless. Fun contest. Look forward to seeing who the winner is!

sanalibe said...

what a beautiful collection! Bonne chance to all the entrants!

Tina-Marie said...

I LOVE all of it. What fabulous finds over the year!

Anonymous said...

A great ending to a great collection of items. Happy Halloween!

Lori DiBacco said...

One more try! This has been fun to watch!
Lori

Peace said...

Still don't know how you can part with such sweet stuff! Good karma on you! :O)

Marlene said...

Thank you. This has definitely been fun.


Instagram

Blog Archive