Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dream Big

Do you ever get a deep, deep urge to completely transform your life? To take one gigantic/wonderful risk that will alter the path your life is currently headed down?  


Well, I for one, get them quite regularly, and they are getting more and more frequent.  A sure sign that I'm ready for an adventure and change.  So I've been embracing possibilites, and allowing myself to dream big lately.   Scary, yes. But it's mostly exhilarating to think of the life I could create for myself. 

Tonight I'll be dreaming of cottages in France, crafting for days on end, blogging from an ocean overlook, a charming store front on the coast of Oregon, a book with my bio on the back side, a passport covered in stamps, and a life full of passion, happiness and peace.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” –Mark Twain












5 comments:

Avi said...

Yes! I couldn't agree with this more. For the last few years I've been in a complete rut and even when I wanted to escape I just couldn't.
Recently I've made so many choices in my life that are starting to take me out and my entire being feels like a weight has lifted.

I hope for the best on your own adventure :D

Debbie said...

Your dream sounds wonderful. One of my favorite movies is Under the Tuscan Sun where "While on vacation, a just-divorced writer buys a villa in Tuscany on a whim, hoping it will be the start of a change for the better in her life." I could really see you living your dream!

Christine Wallace said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE This!!!!

Laurie said...

So true, Samuel Clemens. That man was smart...except on the subject of Jane Austen...
Anyway: I agree that following your dreams is never something to put on the back burner. Life is too short!

Jaime said...

I just love sunflowers.


Instagram

Blog Archive