Saturday, January 28, 2012

French Flea Markets

When Heather Bullard posted a video from the Porte de Vanves flea market in Paris a few weeks ago, I found myself instantly transported back to that wonderful french market, which happened to be the favorite from our 2010 trip.  I think I watched the video three time remembering the wonderful treasures, spirit, and excitement of that particular street market.  I was especially thrilled to recognize one of my favorite vendors with whom mom and I chatted, and both made purchases from. 


If you do watch Heather's video (and you definitely should!), the vendor I'm referring to is featured at the 1:15 mark and you'll note her booth by all of the wonderful textiles, notions, and french packaging. 


Seeing that fabulous booth again inspired an impromptu photo shoot of the few products I purchased from that tent. There were so many thing I wanted to bring home with me, but space and weight are of the essence when shopping abroad so I chose only a few lovely pieces of ephemera. 
I assume this old victorian fan card was actually just the packaging for these tiny rhinestones which were ment to be sewn onto something else. I was so happy to find this package which is fully intact, and I assure you that I will never remove any of them!





I was also lucky enough to bring home two of these fabric sample cards.  Muted pink and cream tones are printed on light weight cotton swatches which were then affixed to heavy cards featuring beautiful french typography. Tres chic!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You got some real treasures! I am going to watch the video now...

Anonymous said...

Love your finds from Porte de Vanves! I think it's my favorite flea in Paris. The way you displayed your treasures under the glass cloche is perfect!


Instagram