Friday, July 22, 2011

Create: Jewelry

I broke out of my rut last night! After a scorching hot game of kickball (Joe and I are on a league), I came home and whipped up a pair of earrings. They ended up taking much longer than I anticipated, but I was happy as a lark working away while lounging on the couch. And I'm happy to say the creative drought is over!!!
I love the earrings that I made and can't wait to make some variations. Next- silver with black spinel beads!
I very rarely make myself jewelry. Which is a shame because I have all of the skills, knowledge, and supplies to make beautiful pieces. I guess that's what happen when you make production jewelry for a living- making more jewelry is the last thing I want to do when I get home. But with these results I'd venture a bet that things will change :)
Tonight it's more crafting, as well as filling out to-do lists. I need to get organized, and I'd like to take some time to really determine the direction I'd like to take my business. More on that later ;)
I'm headed to the markets tomorrow weekend with a good friend and I'm super excited! I plan on buying only items that I can use to craft with  (as opposed to resell), but I've never been one to turn down a good deal, so we'll see what I end up with...



1 comments:

Kathy Barrick said...

Man, they are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! wow!!! You definitely need to be making jewelry again!

Have FUN FUN FUN tomorrow. I'm so sorry I can't go with you :(

LYTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!


Instagram