Thursday, June 30, 2011

Travel: The Next Vacation

We've been trying to decide where we'd like to go on our next vacation, and we're having a really hard time choosing. We'll be hitting the road in September, and would like a relatively inexpensive location (is the possible?), so that we can save for an overseas trip next spring.  With so many expenses to consider- flights, food, hotel, sightseeing- I'm feeling a little discouraged about not having much time to save before September, yet I don't want to miss the opportunity to get away.


Here are some of the places we're considering:
Boston! I've never been to this city before, but I've heard only good things. There are cheap flights to Boston from Baltimore, and I don't think we'd need to rent a car for too many days. Although I would definitely like to get out of the city for a day or two. There is something very appealing about New England, and I can only imagine the great antiquing I could do up there. Poor Joe!


Portland and the northwest coast! Since we'd like to move here one day it makes sense that want to visit. It's the most beautiful area I've visited in the U.S. and I'd love to go back and check out the different areas more thoroughly. This location tops my list!

 Chicago! Again, I've never been to the windy city- but think I'd like to visit. This is probably at the bottom of my list. Should it be higher?
 Denver and Boulder! We both have friends who live in Colorado that we'd love to see. The beautiful scenery doesn't hurt either. 
 And finally Seattle! The rain makes me nervous, but again, it's on the North West coast, and that's where we want to be. This location is seriously in the running. 

So many decisions and factors to consider! Do you have any suggestions or tips? I'm starting to look into packages to save a few bucks, and I've been finding what seem to be good deals, although I haven't read the fine print yet.  I can't wait to decided and start the planing process!

1 comments:

eliza kate said...

You know my vote. Get your butt out here to the mountains.


Instagram