Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Collect: Goodies

It's official. We have and actual moving date- April 23rd! Suddenly the "end of April" feels so much sooner that it did a week ago. I'm starting to give stuff away, donate what we don't need, toss the old and used, and get organized in general.
All of that stuff is pretty easy to do until it comes to my studio. Im moving into a room that is nearly half the size of my current studio and that calls for some serious prioritizing. sigh. There are so many things that I collected and bought YEARS ago, and never touched. But how do you get rid of craft and art supplies. It feels SO wrong. I think the answer is going to be serious organization and storage. You know, making the very most of ALL my space. Any advice?

I tried to start going through some things tonight, but got distracted with peeking at all the treasures in my favorite set of studio drawers.  I am notorious for getting distracted while cleaning by the way, which is going to make for a  long process I'm afraid.

Above you can see my vintage type blocks, tins, collage, japanese lanterns from the sweetest shop in Ireland, french rhinestones, ribbon and advertising sheets.

Take a peek inside  a few drawers :)
Lots of french millenary, and vintage ribbons.



Buttons, beads, tin-types and tinsel.


If one seed pack is good, then 50 is GREAT! Don't you agree...

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!

2 comments:

Carmen Sutton said...

fifty seed packs don't any room so keep them!

Kathy Barrick said...

This post brings back soooooo many memories of you as a kid, organizing your room when you were just supposed to be hanging up clothes and getting things neat and tidy! And all of your stuff brings back memories for me of all of our hunting trips to antique shops. Don't get rid of a bit of it!!!
LYTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!


Instagram