Friday, October 8, 2010

Travel: Ireland Day 7

 I spent my last day in Ireland cruising along the east coast just south of Dublin, around Wicklow. As you can see the morning was quite foggy and misty, which I expected to see while here, but hoped not to on a tour day. Unfortunately I've forgotten the name of the lake, but this was our first stop. It was eery to see the edge of this beautiful, serene lake and have it disappear into a blanket of fog 20 feet from where I was standing. I have no idea how big the lake actually was.
 This bridge was included in a scene from the movie PS I Love You (one of my all time favs!), which first got me interested in visiting Ireland.

 Sheep are EVERYWHERE in Ireland!
 After touring the Wicklow mountains we toured Glendalough, an old monastic temple. I got to see more graveyards and stunning lake views.




 So long Ireland, you've been good for me an my soul. I hope to see you again someday!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing, absolutely breathtaking!


Instagram