Monday, October 4, 2010

Travel: Ireland Day 3

It's my third day in Ireland, and I'm finally falling in love with the country. It only took about 20 min on the bus leaving Dublin before it hit me! This morning I traveled to Galway city, which is on the west coast of Ireland.  The bus ride took only 2.5 hours and was actually quite enjoyable. I finally saw the rolling hills, sheep and stones walls I was waiting, and hoping to see. I know I've said it before, but the grass here is so different that back in the states. Velvety, green and glowing. The photos I've taken don't do the grass justice, as they were taken through the bus window. I'll try to snap some more shots for you.

Once I arrived in Galway city, I checked into my hotel and waited for the rain to pass. It didn't take long, and I was off to check out the city! I had lunch in a small pub just down the street from my hotel, then continued on to Eyre Square and the shopping promenade.

The buildings her are beautiful, decorated and old. I love the small town feel and the friendliness of the town.

Through exploring I stumbled upon this fantastic florist shop just off the main road. They has beautiful plants, shrubbery, window decor, and a decorated allyway. I bought a sprig of Japanese lanterns because I just couldn't resist :)


Next I headed to Galway Bay. One of the most beautiful places I've ever scene! It was very windy, and clouds were moving in quickly, but it didn't matter- I was still blissfully taking pictures. I plan on going back every night that I'm here.



Dinner was at a local pub and was accompanied by a delicious Guinness. When in Rome.... Going to a local pub was the most intimidating idea to me since I'm vacationing alone, but I conquered my fears tonight!! I chose a pub that had live music, and dancing. Again, bravery paid off!


0 comments:


Instagram