Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Coffee Date

These last few weeks have been a complete whirlwind that have gone by in the blink of an eye.  And the funny thing is; most of the people I've talked to lately are saying the same thing. Maybe it's a strange coincidence, or maybe it's because summer is nearing the end (more likely), but whatever the reason- life just feels chaotic. 

I got back from NYC late last week, and just as I suspected it was mostly work, work, work. I did venture up to time square one night but other then eating at a handful of amazing restaurants most of time time was spent in our lovely Lotus Jewelry Studio booth or inside my awesome Yotel hotel room. 
Luckily, this show was a smashing success and that gave us the extra boost of energy we needed to work the late show hours and talk to all of our customers. 

Mom moved into her new, beautiful home while I was away and I finally got to see it on Friday night. It is a victorian style home and has so much charm! High ceilings, huge mantles, and a magnolia tree in the back yard...  I can't wait to see the place when she's completely settled in and hope there are some shopping trips in our future! So far, it's looking fabulous!

I spent some time today making a back drop for photography at my bench. I feel like space is very limited now, and while we live here I'm not able to make some of the adaptations I'd like to the walls- so I had to get creative and finally found a use for all of the ephemera I've been hoarding for years. I simply started layering and kept going until I like the result!
You can see it in the back drop of this photograph... more on this project later!
Hope you guys have a great week! Maybe it won't go by in a flash we'll get to relax a bit... maybe!





0 comments:


Instagram